Types of Srilanka Visas for Indians
30 Days Sri Lanka Tourist Visa
30 Days Sri Lanka Business Visa
Documents required for Sri Lanka Visa
- Scanned copy of first and last page of your Passport. Validity of your passport should be at least 6 months beyond your stay period in Sri Lanka and have minimum 3 blank pages
- Confirmed return air ticket
Sri Lanka Visa FAQs
What is a Sri Lanka ETA for Indian Citizens?
Sri Lanka government introduced a new Electronic Visa called ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization, Srilanka eVisa) for a short visit to Sri Lanka on 1st January 2012. Travellers intending to visit Sri Lanka for a short stay must have a valid visa issued by Department of Immigration & Emigration, Colombo, Sri Lanka. The Sri Lanka e visa is a complete online process and the approval for the same will be communicated via email. The ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) replaces the need to apply for a Sri Lanka visa in person through the Sri Lankan Embassy/Consulate.
What are the different types of Sri Lanka Visas for Indians?
There are four types of short term Sri Lanka Visas (ETA Approvals) like Tourist, Visit, Business and Transit depending upon your purpose of travel.
- Sri Lanka Tourist Visa – Issued for the purpose of tourism, sightseeing and lesiure.
- Srilanka Visit Visa – Issued for visiting family, friends or relatives in Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka Business Visa – Issued for the purpose of undertaking business activities in Sri Lanka such as attending meetings, conferences, seminar or training.
- Sri Lanka Transit Visa – Issued if you are transiting to a third country via Sri Lanka.
Do I need to submit my original documents for Sri Lanka Visa processing?
The Sri Lanka e visa is issued online; it is not required to submit the original passport or other original documents for processing. Simply share all your Sri Lanka Visa documents online through our secured online document locker and we will process the e visa Srilanka online and email the approval notification to you. You just need to take a print out of the Sri Lanka e visa and travel.
What are the disadvantages of Sri Lanka Visa on arrival?
- Time consuming & tiring, long waiting queues. (can go up to 2 to 3 hours)
- The visa on arrival has a higher Srilanka Visa cost than Sri Lanka e visa application.
- Obtaining Sri Lanka Visit Visa for Indians online is easier and hassle-free process.